Free from most allergens.
This weekend many will be going camping and enjoying the outdoors. It’s beautiful weather here in Alberta and I don’t think it matters what you do … it will be a great weekend!
For my family, we are staying home and getting some yardwork done on our acreage. We will also take some time in between the chores to have fun with family, go kayaking, hiking and sit on our back deck BBQ’ing.
I am going to make these WARM tortilla chips as a fun snack on our deck while we chat and enjoy each other and the sunshine. I haven’t made them for a while so my teens will be happy!
My celiac and non-celiac teen both love fresh tortillas that are warm from the oven. They taste great with salsa, guacamole, artichoke dip or just about anything! They are much healthier than a bag of chips and I still have some of my home made salsa from our garden …. and that is a perfect combinations! Pretty tasty and healthy!
I usually buy Grimm’s Corn tortillas from my local store but just recently found this brand online that is lovely. Both of these brands are free from a lot of other allergens. Plus, in our opinion, these two brands taste great and they don’t easily break and crumble. Here is the very simple recipe.
Tortilla Chips Warm From Your Oven
Gluten, Dairy & Egg Free
- 1 package Gluten Free Tortilla’s
- Take a pastry brush and lightly brush olive or canola oil on each side of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the tortillas lightly with salt.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 equal triangles.
- Place on a baking sheet. Make sure they are not overlapping.
- Bake in a 350 F (or 175 C) oven for 5 minutes.
- Take pan out of oven and with tongs turn each tortilla over.
- Return pan of tortillas back to oven and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes. Watch closely! As you do not want them to get too brown … just crispy!
- Take out of the oven when crispy and place on a cooling rack.
We will be eating them with my salsa … but enjoy whatever you want to dip them in and ENJOY!
If you are local and trying to find Grimms, I usually can find this brand at Safeways or Sobeys. The other one I have not found locally but it is available on amazon.
p.s. check out my website to find baking videos and cookbooks
Friendly reminder that I do receive a few cents if you order online … as I am an amazon associate …. but I only share things I truly like… just want to be transparent.